Can IPL Help People with Hirsutism?November 13, 2018
Today, many people are in search of an effective treatment for hirsutism that is non-invasive and convenient. Their lives are just so complex that they do not have the time to take off from work to undergo extensive, invasive procedures that may be harsh on their skin. One such treatment that is publicised today that fulfils this need is the intense pulsed light or IPL therapy. You may be wondering, though, how effective is this procedure for people with hirsutism. If you are, we are here to provide you with the following pertinent facts about IPL and its effectiveness for this condition.
What Is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism is when women grow unwanted hair in parts of their body similar to men. Face, back and chest are three examples of the areas that this condition can occur in for women. The unwanted hair growth can vary greatly in denseness, darkness and thickness between women, depending upon their genetic makeup, hormone balance and other influences. At times, health issues, such as Cushing’s syndrome and polycystic ovary syndrome, can negatively affect the balance of female and male hormones in a woman’s body, which in turn, can cause hirsutism. All women suffering from this problem should ensure that they do not have a medical condition that needs addressing. Other than this, when no medical reasons exist for this issue, ongoing maintenance is the ideal way to control the unwanted hair growth.
What Are IPL Treatments?
IPL is a type of light therapy that delivers intense pulsed light at a targeted area. It is used for a variety of dermatological purposes, including removing the unwanted hair that occurs with hirsutism. During a treatment, the light is focused on a given area of the body where it targets the pigment of the hair. As the pigment absorbs the light, the light turns to heat, and this is what kills the cells that grow hair. For optimal results, a person will need to undergo multiple sessions over time.
How Effective Is IPL for Treating Hirsutism?
Research shows that the sufferers of hirsutism showed noticeable improvement after only one treatment of IPL but showed even greater hair reduction after six treatments. In fact, the participants reduced their unwanted hair up to 88.66 percent, depending on the area of the body that the IPL was targeting.
To find out additional information about how IPL can help you with your hirsutism, consult with My Beauty First. We specialise in IPL hair removal, different types of massage, Reiki healing, hair styling, nail services and much more. Our skillful staff delivers the latest of beauty treatments in a high-quality, courteous fashion.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- IPL Photo Rejuvenation: What Is It? What Are the Benefits of It?
- What Are the Things That You Need to Do Before Undergoing a Hot Stone Massage?
- Top Ten Myths about Laser Hair Removal
- FAQ: Does a Pregnancy Massage Differ From Any Other Body Massage?
- Opening Your Third Eye: Can Third Eye Healing Therapy Help?
- Salt Scrub Body Treatment: What are the Benefits?
- Must-Do Things After an IPL Hair Removal Treatment
- Benefits of Removing Spider Veins Using IPL Treatments?
- A Brief History of Hot Stone Massage
- Therapeutic Benefits of Aged-Care Massage for the Elderly
- Can Pregnant Mums and Their Unborn Babies Benefit from Reiki Healing?
- Why Utmost Care Is Important After an Ultrasonic Fat Cavitation Procedure?
- Hot Stone Massage: Is it Safe for Sensitive Skin?
- Start Your New Year 2019 Right with the Best Beauty Treatment You Deserve
- Be Christmas Holiday Beautiful With My Beauty First's Various Personalised Services
- Third Eye Chakra Healing: What Is This All About?
- View all articles…
- Treat Yourself for a Holiday New Look with Our Hair Dressing Services
- Benefits of Body Candling
- View all articles…