FAQ: Does a Pregnancy Massage Differ From Any Other Body Massage?June 4, 2019
Pregnancy is a challenging time for women due to all of the physical and hormonal changes going on in their bodies. All of these changes lead to their bodies becoming tense and uncomfortable in other ways. For relief, they must seek out safe solutions to prevent harm to the fetus, so many choose to participate in pregnancy massage today. If you fear receiving this type of massage, read on to learn how it differs from other types of massage to ensure the safety of your baby while relieving your discomfort, and you will soon realise that there is no reason to avoid it.
A Special Table May Be Used
Many practitioners of this type of massage utilise special tables that are designed to accommodate pregnant women. However, this is not a mandatory requirement since there are other methods to ensure that the fetus is not harmed in the process of the massage sessions. We discuss these in the next section.
Body Positions for Pregnancy Massage Are Different
In place of the special massage tables or in addition to them, the practitioner will have you lie on your back or left side instead of face down after the first trimester to avoid any stress or pressure on the uterine ligaments or abdomen. Late in the pregnancy, they may even have you sit in a semi-reclined position to ensure that the sessions are safe for you and your baby.
Areas of the Body That Practitioners Avoid Applying Pressure During Sessions
• Inner leg area
• Abdomen is only massaged gently rather than deeply
• Certain points that may promote uterine contractions
Pregnancy Massage Techniques Target Specific Issues
With regular massage techniques, practitioners target a wide range of issues to relax their clients. Pregnancy massage techniques tend to target the specific needs of pregnant women, such as:
• Balancing hormone levels is one of the prime goals of this type of massage. Mood swings are a normal part of pregnancy, but they can leave the women stressed and tense. Through the various manipulations, a practitioner can help the client’s body regulate serotonin, cortisol, norepinephrine and other hormones to reduce anxiety and lift the mood.
• Relieving sciatic pain is another purpose of this type of massage. As the baby grows, the uterus becomes larger and places pressure on the pelvis, lower back muscles and the sciatic nerve. As a result, pain can develop that shoots down from the back into the legs.
• Reducing edema or swelling is also a prime goal of pregnancy massage by helping the body eliminate the fluid that causes this issue in a more expeditious manner.
For further facts about how pregnancy massage differs from other types of massage, consult with My Beauty First. Our specialists perform this massage gently and safely upon request.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Basics of Salt Scrub Body Treatment and how it is done
- Treat Unpleasant Facial Hair with a Whole Face IPL Hair Removal Session
- Discomforts Caused by Spider Veins: Why IPL Treatment is the Best Solution
- Boost Your Confidence with Underarm IPL Hair Removal
- Relaxation Massage for Body and Mind Rejuvenation
- Spring Time Beauty Treatments that You Should Try
- IPL Photo Rejuvenation: What Is It? What Are the Benefits of It?
- What Are the Things That You Need to Do Before Undergoing a Hot Stone Massage?
- Top Ten Myths about Laser Hair Removal
- FAQ: Does a Pregnancy Massage Differ From Any Other Body Massage?
- Opening Your Third Eye: Can Third Eye Healing Therapy Help?
- Salt Scrub Body Treatment: What are the Benefits?
- Must-Do Things After an IPL Hair Removal Treatment
- Benefits of Removing Spider Veins Using IPL Treatments?
- A Brief History of Hot Stone Massage
- Therapeutic Benefits of Aged-Care Massage for the Elderly
- Can Pregnant Mums and Their Unborn Babies Benefit from Reiki Healing?
- Why Utmost Care Is Important After an Ultrasonic Fat Cavitation Procedure?
- Hot Stone Massage: Is it Safe for Sensitive Skin?
- Start Your New Year 2019 Right with the Best Beauty Treatment You Deserve
- Be Christmas Holiday Beautiful With My Beauty First's Various Personalised Services
- Third Eye Chakra Healing: What Is This All About?
- View all articles…
- Treat Yourself for a Holiday New Look with Our Hair Dressing Services
- Benefits of Body Candling
- View all articles…