Pregnancy Massage: The Right Massage for Pregnant WomenAugust 17, 2018
The body of a pregnant woman goes through a multitude of changes throughout the course of the pregnancy. As you may already know at this stage of your pregnancy, pregnant women suffer from tension, aches and pains, edema and other issues while their babies grow in their wombs. While these problems are easily remedied when women are not pregnant, they are trickier to solve during pregnancy without harming the baby. For this reason, they must seek out alternative solutions, such as pregnancy massage, to receive relief from their various issues.
What Is Pregnancy Massage?
Pregnancy massage is a broad term for a variety of hands-on massage techniques specifically designed to provide relief to pregnant women without any harm coming to their fetuses. Usually, each session lasts for about 30 to 60 minutes, depending upon your preference. Also, you will be positioned on your side to ensure that you and your belly are both comfortable throughout the session, and that no unnecessary pressure is placed on the womb.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
- Relieves stress with each session. You will feel all of your anxiety melt away with each stroke from the masseuse.
- Stimulates circulation throughout the massage area, which helps your blood transport oxygen and nutrients effectively to not only the various cells of the body but also to the womb. This helps the baby grow and thrive at the right rate.
- Reduces edema since massage increases circulation and the elimination of toxins. Swollen feet and hands can plague you during your pregnancy.
- Relaxes muscles that can become tight and tense from you carrying the extra weight. When muscles become tense and tight, it can negatively affect your range of motion and make it difficult to move around in the manner you need to each day during your pregnancy.
- Relieves pain in the legs, back and other areas of the body in a natural, non-medicated manner. Even taking over-the-counter pain relievers may harm your fetus, according to some medical professionals.
- Improves quality of sleep since it releases your tension, relaxes muscles and reduces pain. You will sleep more soundly to prepare yourself for the next day.
- Can help improve your labour experience. Tight and tense muscles can make your labour last longer and be more painful. Regular massage sessions can help prevent these labour issues.
For further facts about pregnancy massage to learn if it is for you, consult with My Beauty First. We offer both 30-minute and 60-minute sessions for your convenience. Also, you can rely on us for other services to improve the look, feel and condition of your body, hair and nails.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- IPL Photo Rejuvenation: What Is It? What Are the Benefits of It?
- What Are the Things That You Need to Do Before Undergoing a Hot Stone Massage?
- Top Ten Myths about Laser Hair Removal
- FAQ: Does a Pregnancy Massage Differ From Any Other Body Massage?
- Opening Your Third Eye: Can Third Eye Healing Therapy Help?
- Salt Scrub Body Treatment: What are the Benefits?
- Must-Do Things After an IPL Hair Removal Treatment
- Benefits of Removing Spider Veins Using IPL Treatments?
- A Brief History of Hot Stone Massage
- Therapeutic Benefits of Aged-Care Massage for the Elderly
- Can Pregnant Mums and Their Unborn Babies Benefit from Reiki Healing?
- Why Utmost Care Is Important After an Ultrasonic Fat Cavitation Procedure?
- Hot Stone Massage: Is it Safe for Sensitive Skin?
- Start Your New Year 2019 Right with the Best Beauty Treatment You Deserve
- Be Christmas Holiday Beautiful With My Beauty First's Various Personalised Services
- Third Eye Chakra Healing: What Is This All About?
- View all articles…
- Treat Yourself for a Holiday New Look with Our Hair Dressing Services
- Benefits of Body Candling
- View all articles…