The Basics of Salt Scrub Body Treatment and how it is doneOctober 16, 2019
At the end of a long and exhausting day, you are entitled to your version of relaxation. Be it a good rest, massage, or spa pampering – you need to give yourself a break and let your body receive the rejuvenation it deserves.
That is why a day at the spa is one effective way of taking care of your body. And your spa visit would never be complete without the ever-popular salt scrub body treatment, also known as salt glow or sea salt scrub.
The salt scrub body treatment is an application meant to exfoliate the skin. Such is done to get rid of dead cells that make the skin dull, stiff and flaky. Once dead cells are removed, new cells would regenerate, leaving you with softer and smoother skin.
How it’s done
Salt scrubs are ideally done in spa salons to set a more relaxing environment. Due to its simplicity and convenience, you can still enjoy the benefits of the said treatment even within the confines of your own home. However, if you opt for a more rejuvenating and less hassle experience, spa salons have got you covered.
In a spa setup, the client will be instructed to lie face down with a towel draping them. It is important to first ensure that the client is comfortable and relaxed. Before applying the scrub, the spa therapist will check the client’s skin for any wounds, cuts, scratches, and lesions to avoid such sections during exfoliation.
The spa therapist would then apply the salt scrub against the skin, one section at a time. The said scrub is normally composed of sea salt granules blended with aromatic essential oils such as lavender, mint, and lemon. The application generally starts with the feet eventually working their way up the entire body.
The salt scrub consistency and the pressure application vary depending on the client’s build, sensitivity, and preference. The spa therapist needs to communicate with the client to ensure their utmost comfort and relaxation.
After the application, the spa therapist will gently rub the scrub against the skin to exfoliate. Once done, the client will be instructed to shower to rinse away the salt scrub. The client must refrain from using soap or shower gel so as not to remove the oil and minerals from the scrub.
Once the salt scrub has been rinsed off, the spa therapist would then dry the body with a towel. Then, a moisturizing lotion will be applied to hydrate the skin after the scrub. In some spa salons, the salt scrub is done as a preparation for a massage. Others would combine the scrub with the massage itself.
For further facts about what the benefits are of receiving a salt scrub treatment, contact My Beauty First. Our specialists are experts in performing these scrubs, as well as other treatments for the skin. Also, they perform other hair, nail and beauty services in a quality fashion. Browse through our website at your leisure to read about all of our services and their prices.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Pregnancy Massage: How Often Should This be Done?
- The Basics of Salt Scrub Body Treatment and how it is done
- Treat Unpleasant Facial Hair with a Whole Face IPL Hair Removal Session
- Discomforts Caused by Spider Veins: Why IPL Treatment is the Best Solution
- Boost Your Confidence with Underarm IPL Hair Removal
- Relaxation Massage for Body and Mind Rejuvenation
- Spring Time Beauty Treatments that You Should Try
- IPL Photo Rejuvenation: What Is It? What Are the Benefits of It?
- What Are the Things That You Need to Do Before Undergoing a Hot Stone Massage?
- Top Ten Myths about Laser Hair Removal
- FAQ: Does a Pregnancy Massage Differ From Any Other Body Massage?
- Opening Your Third Eye: Can Third Eye Healing Therapy Help?
- Salt Scrub Body Treatment: What are the Benefits?
- Must-Do Things After an IPL Hair Removal Treatment
- Benefits of Removing Spider Veins Using IPL Treatments?
- A Brief History of Hot Stone Massage
- Therapeutic Benefits of Aged-Care Massage for the Elderly
- Can Pregnant Mums and Their Unborn Babies Benefit from Reiki Healing?
- Why Utmost Care Is Important After an Ultrasonic Fat Cavitation Procedure?
- Hot Stone Massage: Is it Safe for Sensitive Skin?
- Start Your New Year 2019 Right with the Best Beauty Treatment You Deserve
- Be Christmas Holiday Beautiful With My Beauty First's Various Personalised Services
- Third Eye Chakra Healing: What Is This All About?
- View all articles…
- Treat Yourself for a Holiday New Look with Our Hair Dressing Services
- Benefits of Body Candling
- View all articles…