Top Ten Myths about Laser Hair RemovalJune 25, 2019
Many people have reaped the benefits of laser hair removal over the years, but some still hesitate to turn to it due to a long list of inaccurate information or myths being broadcasted about this procedure. That is why we debunk the following top ten myths about this process.
Myth 1: It Takes Only One Session of Laser Hair Removal to Produce Long-Term Results
Sounds amazing if it is true, but do not believe this myth. The truth is that you will need between six and eight sessions of this hair removal process to reap optimal, long-term results.
Myth 2: Laser Hair Removal Is Extremely Painful
Wrong! This procedure does not hurt any worse than waxing does to remove hair. Most recipients report that it feels just mildly uncomfortable.
Myth 3: It Is an Expensive Process
In comparison to buying enough razors, paying for waxing or any other removal process throughout the year, laser hair removal is quite affordable.
Myth 4: Removing Hair with a Laser Scars the Skin
While you are at minor risk for scarring to occur during this procedure, this risk is reduced substantially by turning to a highly trained technician for the process.
Myth 5: Laser Hair Removal Is Unsafe
Some people fear that laser removal of hair is dangerous, but if you use a quality technician who uses the latest machine to perform this process, it is safe for you to receive.
Myth 6: This Removal Process for Hair Can Make Hair Grow in Denser
The reason that this myth is false is that each treatment reduces the hair growth by approximately 10 to 25 percent.
Myth 7: Laser Hair Removal Is Equally Effective on All Types of Hair
Results of this removal process vary greatly between hair colour. While black and brown hair removes easily, red hair is tough to remove, and light-coloured hair lacks the melanin that the laser targets to kill the follicle, and therefore may not be removable through this process.
Myth 8: It Will Cause Cancer
Laser hair removal in no way causes cancer.
Myth 9: The Laser Hair Removal Is Not Effective on Dark Skin
It is not the skin that is targeted by the laser to remove hair, but it is the melanin in the hair itself. As long as the hair has sufficient melanin, the process should be successful on some level at removing the unwanted hair regardless of the skin colour of the recipient.
Myth 10: This Process Permanently Removes Hair
Even though the hair follicles are damaged during this process, they may still continue to grow hair. For this reason, the process does not produce 100-percent permanent results.
For further myth debunking about the laser hair removal process, consult with My Beauty First. Our highly skilled specialists provide a wide assortment of quality services to improve the look and/or feel of your body.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Boost Your Confidence with Underarm IPL Hair Removal
- Relaxation Massage for Body and Mind Rejuvenation
- Spring Time Beauty Treatments that You Should Try
- IPL Photo Rejuvenation: What Is It? What Are the Benefits of It?
- What Are the Things That You Need to Do Before Undergoing a Hot Stone Massage?
- Top Ten Myths about Laser Hair Removal
- FAQ: Does a Pregnancy Massage Differ From Any Other Body Massage?
- Opening Your Third Eye: Can Third Eye Healing Therapy Help?
- Salt Scrub Body Treatment: What are the Benefits?
- Must-Do Things After an IPL Hair Removal Treatment
- Benefits of Removing Spider Veins Using IPL Treatments?
- A Brief History of Hot Stone Massage
- Therapeutic Benefits of Aged-Care Massage for the Elderly
- Can Pregnant Mums and Their Unborn Babies Benefit from Reiki Healing?
- Why Utmost Care Is Important After an Ultrasonic Fat Cavitation Procedure?
- Hot Stone Massage: Is it Safe for Sensitive Skin?
- Start Your New Year 2019 Right with the Best Beauty Treatment You Deserve
- Be Christmas Holiday Beautiful With My Beauty First's Various Personalised Services
- Third Eye Chakra Healing: What Is This All About?
- View all articles…
- Treat Yourself for a Holiday New Look with Our Hair Dressing Services
- Benefits of Body Candling
- View all articles…