What Is Skin Pigmentation, and How Can IPL Treat It?October 26, 2018
Over the years, the skin begins to show signs of aging and wear. As this occurs, some people suffer from skin pigmentation, which causes uneven skin tones in small or large areas of the face and other parts of the body. Some spots are as small as a freckle while others are large blotches. Today, there is a non-invasive treatment that can help diminish darker spots or blotches. This treatment is known as IPL or intense pulsed light therapy.
What Is Skin Pigmentation?
Your skin receives its colour from a substance called melanin. Melanin is simply a pigment. The Melanocyte cells in the skin produce it and at times, more accumulates in one area than another for different reasons. This is skin pigmentation and can come in various shapes and sizes from small freckles to large patches or blotches.
Possible Causes of Skin Pigmentation
- Sun exposure is one of the main causes of skin pigmentation issues since the sun triggers the body to produce melatonin. Sun spots and freckles are an example of what sun exposure can cause this skin problem. While a few freckles are typically not a big issue, a lot of freckles and sun spots can cover enough area to make people self-conscious about how they look.
- Hyperpigmentation can occur when the body overproduces melanin. Lentigines are one example of this disorder and they can appear in spots that are similar to freckles but they are a bit darker and wider spread. Unlike freckles fading in the winter, lentigines will stay the same colour year round. Melasma is another example and appears as brown or tan patches on the face, but they can occur elsewhere on the body as well.
How IPL Diminishes Skin Pigmentation
IPL equipment emits a light that is not as focused as a laser, and therefore, it covers a larger area during treatment. The light penetrates the epidermis layer down to the dermis layer. It is so gentle that the epidermis is not harmed. Once the light reaches the dermis layer, the Melanocyte cells absorb its energy and converts it into heat. It is this heat that destroys unwanted pigment to diminish darker spots, freckles and signs of hyperpigmentation.
To find out whether or not IPL is the answer to your skin pigmentation problems, consult with My Beauty First. Along with our other professional services, we specialise in IPL skin pigmentation treatments. Our staff members will analyse your needs and provide you with a quote for your specific treatment needs. Just so you know, these treatments start at only $35 and go up from there.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- IPL Photo Rejuvenation: What Is It? What Are the Benefits of It?
- What Are the Things That You Need to Do Before Undergoing a Hot Stone Massage?
- Top Ten Myths about Laser Hair Removal
- FAQ: Does a Pregnancy Massage Differ From Any Other Body Massage?
- Opening Your Third Eye: Can Third Eye Healing Therapy Help?
- Salt Scrub Body Treatment: What are the Benefits?
- Must-Do Things After an IPL Hair Removal Treatment
- Benefits of Removing Spider Veins Using IPL Treatments?
- A Brief History of Hot Stone Massage
- Therapeutic Benefits of Aged-Care Massage for the Elderly
- Can Pregnant Mums and Their Unborn Babies Benefit from Reiki Healing?
- Why Utmost Care Is Important After an Ultrasonic Fat Cavitation Procedure?
- Hot Stone Massage: Is it Safe for Sensitive Skin?
- Start Your New Year 2019 Right with the Best Beauty Treatment You Deserve
- Be Christmas Holiday Beautiful With My Beauty First's Various Personalised Services
- Third Eye Chakra Healing: What Is This All About?
- View all articles…
- Treat Yourself for a Holiday New Look with Our Hair Dressing Services
- Benefits of Body Candling
- View all articles…